Last updated 17 December 2013
We actively encourage users posting comments on our blog and welcome your views, but to make sure everyone can get the most out of the Alzheimer’s Research UK Blog, we have developed some rules as part of our terms and conditions (T&Cs).
Please always remember that we encourage debate within the house rules, but your comments will remain on the Alzheimer’s Research UK Blog indefinitely, so please be mindful of what you post before you upload it to the site, as we will not remove any retrospective posts unless they break the Terms and Conditions. We will, however, remove any that do not comply with our house rules.
Your comments will be reactively moderated, which means a member of the ARUK Digital Team will check all comments shortly after they are posted on the site.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use our site. However, we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of our site by a user in contravention of our House Rules, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our online services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it’s important that they communicate about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Please try to ensure all comments on blog posts keep to the subject matter of the post on which you are commenting.
Please do not post anything that may be deemed as inappropriate or offensive.
Please do not post or accept any medical advice. Any information included on the Alzheimer’s Research UK Blog does not replace the advice that doctors, pharmacists or nurses may provide, but gives you information which we hope you will find helpful. If you are experiencing any kind of symptoms please contact your GP or Specialist. NHS Choices offers information on a variety of conditions.
Blog posts represent the authors’ personal opinion and should not be used as health or social care advice, as sometimes they may not provide balanced, evidence-based information. For up-to-date dementia health information please visit our main website.
Please do not post anything that identifies personal information, or identifies anyone under 18 years of age.
Alzheimer’s Research UK will remove any posts that we, in our sole discretion, consider to be discriminatory or which do or may cause offence on the grounds of an individual’s gender, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender status, age, marital or working status.
We reserve the right to fail or delete any comments if:
- The Moderator feels they are likely to be deemed as offensive
- They contain personal contact information (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers, postal addresses)
- They contain swear words or any language that is likely to offend, or any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, sexually explicit or which promotes violence
- They are responding to an earlier, failed message, and are considered to break the house rules
- They contain advertisements, chain letters, pyramid letters and requests for money
- They are considered to be breaking the law, including copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- They contain medical information
- They advertise products or services
- They are impersonating, or seem to be impersonating, someone else
- The Moderator considers them to be spam (multiple posts containing similar links)
- The Moderator considers them to be off-topic to the original post
- The Moderator considers them to be abusive, aggressive or offensive. We also reserve the right to take any further action we feel is necessary
- They promote any illegal activity, are likely to deceive any person, are threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or are likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- They are made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- They are used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- They give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
Any mention of a product or service on the Alzheimer’s Research UK Blog does not represent an endorsement or warranty of any kind.
Please do not post anything that you do not own the rights to. By posting a comment on our blog, you agree to grant us royalty free, perpetual, non-exclusive rights to publish your comment on any of our platforms (web, print etc).
We cannot guarantee our bloggers will be able to comment on their articles or any subsequent comments. Where authors are identified as Guest Bloggers, they will not be available for comment or to answer questions once their blog post is published.
If you comment on a post, we may use it on our ‘From the blog’ widget on the right hand side of the site.
Do not post anything that links to a site that contains any viruses, Trojans, worms or anything that would be considered technically harmful to other users.
Alzheimer’s Research UK reserves the right to change or amend these Terms and Conditions at any point. We will always amend the date of posting for your reference at the top of the page.
Alzheimer’s Research UK reserves the right to remove any message from the blog site without discussion for any reason.
Any comments on this blog that are from anyone not identified as an Alzheimer’s Research UK Staff Blogger or Guest Blogger are from the individual, and in no way represent the views of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
We reserve the right to delete any comment for any reason whatsoever in our sole discretion.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our site
- Any equipment or network on which our site is stored
- Any software used in the provision of our site
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You may not use this site to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material of any kind.
- Immediate moderation on the site by one of our members of staff
- In certain circumstances:
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Alzheimer’s Research UK
Registered charity numbers 1077089 and SC042474
If you have any questions about this blog or any of our digital activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org